Eyelash Extension Aftercare Guide
It takes up to 24Hrs for the eyelash extensions adhesive to fully cure and any of the following will be damaging for the bond between natural lash and extension resulting in premature partial loss of your extensions.
For the next 24Hrs DO NOT:
- Expose your Eyelash Extensions to water
- Rub, tug or "play" with them
- Apply any cosmetics (especially oil based) near your lash line
After 24 Hrs have passed, follow the guild below
- Wash your eyelashes daily with non oily face wash, a drop of shampoo mixed with water will work a treat. It is important to clean your lashes thoroughly. A build up of dust or make-up and natural skin oil on the lash line affects the durability of eyelash edhesive and could also lead to potential skin problems around your eyes.
- How to clean your eyelash extensions:
- Splash your eyes with warm water
- Using your ring finger gently massage your cleansing product along the lash line and eyelashes, then splash with water until all the soap is rinsed away
- Pat dry the skin around your lashes with a dry towel and let your lashes air dry
- Once dry, use a disposable mascara wand to gently separate your extensions
- Do not worry if you see 1 or 2 eyelashes have fallen out. We normally loose 1-5 natual lashes every day without noticing
- DO NOT use regular mascara, this will cause your extensions to come off
- DO NOT tug or pull your eyelashes as this will cause damage to your natural eyelashes
- Avoid extreme heat such as sauna
- You may have to adjust your sleeping position, sleeping on your side or stomach may damage your extensions if your eyelashes make contact with your pillow
- When coming for your infill appointment, ensure your eyelashes are clean and free of mascara and make-up. If is not possible for us to give your eyelashes a thorough cleanse and any residue will prevent proper bonding between your natural lashes and extensions causing your extensions to come off.
- Schedule your infill appointments every 2-3 weeks to keep your eyelashes looking beatiful.